Leftovers have lead me to develop some of my best breakfast dishes. The following is a result of having a baked potato and some small fingerling potatoes in the fridge.
- 16 ounces fingerling potatoes and 1 medium sided idaho (this can be replaced with another 4 ounces of fingerlings) diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 4 eggs scrambled
- 9 ounces diced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons herbs de Provence
- 1 can rotel diced tomatoes and chilies drained
- In a large oven safe pot over medium heat add a pat of butter and enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the potatoes, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Once the vegetables have softened to the point of almost being done, add the green onions, rotel, and the herbs. Mix throughly and cook for another 2 min.
- Add the eggs into the vegetable mixture, and mix throughly.
- Put pot in the oven and bake until the eggs have set about 4 min. For a crispy top broil for about 2 min once the contents have been cooked.