There were mushrooms in my fridge and a slow cooker on my counter and so we get this easy side or main dish.
- 1 package whole mushrooms (I used baby bella but they are really the same as button mushrooms and the flavor is the same)
- Garlic (crushed, diced, or powder if that’s all you have)
- Olive Oil
- Heat the slow cooker on high for about 5 min then add a large pat of butter and some olive oil to cover the base. Add in the herbs and garlic.
- Clean off the mushrooms and remove the stems and toss with the oil. Liberally sprinkle the salt and pepper over the mushrooms and add ¼ of a cup of water.
- Slow cooker recipes are pretty standard in cooking: 6 on low, 3 on high.
I added the mushrooms to some freshly cooked pasta for a pretty filling meal but they also make a great side for a piece of meat or as topping on a burger.