I came up with this recipe after being massively disappointed by a restaurant offering customized breakfast potatoes and eggs.
- 8 ounces of sausage ( I just removed the meat from 2 mild Italian sausage links)
- ½ a bag of frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian season blend (I like Mrs Dash)
- follow the cooking instructions on the fries but pull the fries from the oven when they are almost done. Roughly chop the fries into bite sized pieces.
- In an oven safe skillet melt a pat of butter and some olive oil then begin to brown the sausage. After 2 minutes add the veggies, salt, pepper and the Italian seasoning. Continue to cook until the veggies just become soft.
- Once the veggies are soft add the fries to the mixture and place the skillet into the oven to keep warm.
- Cook your eggs so that the yolks remain runny, I went with poached (I’ll be making a separate mini-post on the method I used later). When the eggs are done place on top of the hash and enjoy the creaminess of the yolk and the hash.
I made this same recipe without the sausage and it came out great, but I would just increase the amount of seasoning.